Sunday, May 29, 2016
1. Do you know the difference between Forgiveness and Reconciliation?
- Forgiveness – letting go of feelings of vengeance and hatred for being wronged.
- Reconciliation – restoring harmony to a relationship
2. Does forgiveness mean I have to reconcile?
- One person can forgive. It takes two people to restore or reconcile a relationship.
- Repentance or evidence of genuine change is necessary for reconciliation.
If forgiveness means “going back” to the offender as if nothing happened, it will end up as a cheap imitation of reconciliation. A restored relationship will display genuine harmony.
Unfortunately, some relationships will never be reconciled, but we have a responsibility to forgive.
“See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.”
I Thessalonians 5:15 KJV